NICHOLASVILLE, Ky. – The Barbasol Championship has added four more star-powered names to Wednesday’s Pro-Am, with University of Kentucky football coach Mark Stoops and associate head coach/offensive coordinator Eddie Gran, former UK tight end and Boyle County standout Jacob Tamme, and Princeton, Ky., native and LPGA pro Emma Talley.
- University of Kentucky Associate Head Coach/Offensive Coordinator
- University of Kentucky Head Coach
- Drafted in the fourth round by the Indianapolis Colts in 2008
- Played nine seasons in the NFL for the Colts (2008-2011), Denver Broncos (2012-2014), and the Atlanta Falcons (2015-16)
- Three Super Bowl appearances – one with each team
- Totaled 133 catches for 1,417 yards – the most ever by a UK tight end – along with 11 touchdowns
- First-team All-SEC in 2006 & 2007
- LPGA TOUR Rookie has two top-10 finishes to date
- Seventh place at the Women’s Australian Open; fifth place at the Hugel-JTBC LA Open
- First NCAA individual champion in Alabama women’s golf history
- Bogey-free final round of 3-under par to win by one shot
- Nation’s top high school recruit in 2012 by Golfweek
The four new additions we be paired with “amateur” teams. Talley, a brand ambassador for Barbasol’s Pure Silk brand, will be paired with one of Barbasol’s Pro-Am teams for the day. She will be with Danny Lee and tee off about 7:55 a.m. from tee 1.
The first flight is set to tee off at 7 a.m. ET with the second flight beginning play at 11:47. Wednesday’s featured foursome – legendary radio voice Rick Dees, Kentucky Sports Radio founder Matt Jones, country music star John Michael Montgomery, and former Kentucky men’s basketball coach Tubby Smith – will be the last group to play on Wednesday, teeing off at 12:53 p.m. off hole No. 10. The foursome will be joined by two PGA TOUR professionals in Stephen Jager, who will play the back nine, and Zack Blair, who will wrap things up on the front nine.
Wednesday’s schedule will also include a youth clinic on the driving range, where juniors will have the opportunity to learn firsthand from PGA TOUR and PGA of America professionals, in an effort to grow the game of golf through elite instruction. The clinic will begin at 3 p.m.