LEXINGTON, Ky. – UK Athletics is continuing its work to create the best possible experiences for Kentucky football fans at Kroger Field. As part of that effort, the following changes will be in place for the 2018 season, which will kick off when the Wildcats host Central Michigan at 3:30 p.m. on Sept. 1.
- Ticketing integration in UK Athletics app – UK has integrated ticketing into the UK Athletics appin partnership with SIDEARM Sports and Ticketmaster. Fans can now access season and single-game tickets purchased from both the UK Ticket Office and Ticketmaster in one convenient location, the UK Athletics app presented by Hunt Brothers Pizza. Fans can also completely manage tickets through the app, including viewing and scanning barcodes, electronically sending tickets to family and friends, and posting tickets to select events for sale through TicketExchange, the official fan-to-fan marketplace of UK Athletics. In addition, Kentucky Football Pocket Pass holders will once again be able to manage their tickets conveniently through the app.
- Student ticketing goes mobile – UK Athletics is implementing mobile student ticketing for all football games beginning this season. Season passes are still available for purchase, exclusively online, at UKStudentTix.com. During the season, students will be able to access their pass through the UK Athletics app. Pass purchasers will then be prompted to claim a mobile ticket during a designated window prior to each home game. Single-game student tickets will also be available for purchase through the UK Athletics app. On game days, students with both season passes and single-game tickets will be given a wristband or seat location upon arrival. This will allow students that enter the venue together to sit together. Tickets may be electronically transferred to other UK students through the UK Athletics app to allow greater flexibility. All students will enter through Gate 15 this season, as Gate 14 is now a public gate.
- New bench-back seating – New bench-back seating has been installed in North upper level sections 204-208. UK Athletics continues to progress toward its goal of installing bench-back or chair-back seating throughout Kroger Field. Through the renovation of the stadium completed in 2015, bench-back or chair-back seating was installed along both sidelines in the lower level. Before the 2016 season, the remainder of seats in the lower level was outfitted with bench backs, with the exception of the student section in the East end zone and visitor sections. Prior to the 2017 season, bench-back seating was added to the remainder of the South upper level. UK Athletics has made these investments in response to fan feedback about seat comfort at Kroger Field.
- Help pick pregame music – Fans will be able to choose songs to play during pregame at Kroger Field from a pre-selected arrangement. Fans can download the RockBot app and pick songs, which will then appear on the video board along with a “coming up” section.
- Tailgate Guys – UK Athletics has teamed up with Tailgate Guys, the leader in game day hospitality services nationwide, to offer UK fans turnkey, hassle-free tailgating for home football games. All tailgates are located steps away from Kroger Field and offer a variety of package offerings to accommodate groups ranging from 10 to 200-plus. For more information or to reserve your tailgate now visit www.tailgateguys.com/
- Parking available to season ticket holders – UK Athletics, in collaboration with its on-campus partners, has created additional spaces in lots surrounding Kroger Field. Starting at $168 per pass, parking is available to season ticket holders in select lots and garages by contacting the K Fund at (859) 257-6300. To learn more about season parking options, visit this page.
UK Athletics also reminds fans of the following important information for game day this season:
- Game-day info online – The official online home for Kentucky football game-day information is UKathletics.com/GameDay. Please visit that website for everything you need to know about attending games at Kroger Field this season.
- Text assistance – The Game Day Assistance program enables fans to start a conversation with UK Athletics staff. Fans can text UK MESSAGE & SEAT LOCATION to 69050.
- Email questions – Fans with questions or feedback about football game day can contact UK Athletics by emailing BBNfirst@uky.edu.
- Game day ticket office hours – The Kroger Field ticket office, located between gates 9 and 10, opens four hours prior to kickoff and closes five minutes into the third quarter.
- Clear bag policy – As a reminder, the SEC’s new clear bag policy remains in place at Kroger Field as an additional safety measure and to facilitate entry. Each fan will be permitted to carry one large clear bag – either a one-gallon Ziploc-style bag or a 12” x 6” x 12” clear bag – plus a small clutch that does not exceed 4.5” x 6.5”. The small clutch allows privacy for small personal items and is also easily searched. The clear bag policy improves public safety by making bags easily searched and significantly reducing faulty bag searches.
- Kroger Tailgating Experience – Kroger will also host a VIP tailgate event before each home game in the lawn next to Bluegrass Technical and Community College. Kroger customers who spend more than $35 the week prior to the game will be invited to the free Kroger Tailgating Experience featuring food and beverage. Free admission prints automatically on receipt at checkout.
- Complimentary water – Complimentary water is available to fans throughout both the lower and upper concourse of Kroger Field. Four large water tanks are located on both the lower and upper concourse that fans will be able to use to fill cups that will be provided. With these tanks – which were installed prior to the 2017 season – concession stands will no longer offer complimentary water.
- Lap tickets for infants under 12 months – The policy that all fans regardless of age must have a ticket remains in place, but lap tickets will again be available this season for infants 12 months and under. Lap tickets are only available on game day and may be purchased at the Kroger Field ticket office (between gates 9 & 10) for $10 by an accompanying adult with a ticket. The lap ticket policy only applies to regular-season home football games. Lap tickets were created prior to last season in response to fan feedback from families with young children.
- Express lanes – With the clear bag policy, fans not carrying any bags will be able to enter the stadium through specially marked bag-free express lanes at each gate.
- Pregame concerts – The Kentucky Football Pregame Concert Series has returned for the 2018 season. Concerts will begin on the stage outside Gate 12 immediately following the Cat Walk presented by Chevy and last until 30 minutes prior to kickoff. The Cat Walk takes place two hours and 15 minutes prior to kickoff. After winning a fan vote, Brother Smith will play the season-opening concert on Sept. 1.
- Gate 12 congestion – Fans should be aware of expected congestion in the concourse inside gate 12 and the plaza outside gate 12 both pregame and postgame due to team movements and plan accordingly. With the completion of the Joe Craft Football Training Facility, the team locker room is now located there. Starting about 90 minutes prior to kickoff and lasting until approximately 40 minutes prior to kickoff, the team walks from the football facility to Kroger Field, restricting fan movement. The gate 12 area is also shut down postgame to allow the team to return to the locker room.
- Ride sharing – UK Athletics has worked with Lyft and Uber to establish a ride-sharing pickup and drop-off point on football game days. The loading and unloading zone is located on Sports Center Drive near the Woodland Glen dorms. Lyft and Uber drivers should proceed down Huguelet Drive, right on University Drive, left on Complex Drive and left on Sports Center Drive to pick up passengers, then right on Woodland Avenue after pickup.
- Permits for tow-behind trailers – In order to maintain the integrity of reserved parking lots for all guests, tow-behind trailers will not be permitted on paved surface lots within Kroger Field, unless they too have a permit. Guests bringing a tow-behind trailer, without an additional permit, will be directed to the nearest open grass lot.
- Tailgate setup – Fans are asked to not set up tents or trailers in the Kroger Field complex prior to noon on Fridays leading up to game day in order to facilitate preparations. Also, all vehicles, tents and trailers must be removed by noon on Sundays following game day.
- Traffic – Fans are encouraged to review the suggested routes listed on their parking passes. An interactive map with directions to each parking area can be found at http://ukgamedayparking.io-
media.com/. Fans are encouraged to display their parking permit when they leave their homes, enabling traffic personnel to efficiently sort and direct vehicles approaching the complex. Non-permit parking is available on Cooper Drive on a first-come, first-served basis beginning at noon ET on Fridays. Additional non-permit parking is available in Parking Structures #2, #3 and #6.