Murray State at Kentucky
FINAL SCORE: Kentucky 48, Murray State 10
Team Records and Series Information
- Kentucky is 3-0. Murray State is 0-3.
- Kentucky leads the series 2-0. The previous game was a 37-6 UK home victory in 2003.
- UK is 11-0 against teams from the Ohio Valley Conference.
- Next for the Wildcats: on Sept. 22, UK plays host to Mississippi State. Game time is at 7 p.m. and the television channel is TBA.
- UK moves to 3-0 for the second straight season. That is the first time that has been accomplished since the 2007-08 seasons.
- UK has won eight of its last nine regular-season non-conference games.
- UK is 11-3 in its last 14 home games.
- UK is 12-5 in its last 17 regular season games.
- UK is 20-5 in September over the last five seasons.
- With UK scoring 48 points today, the Wildcats have scored at least 38 points in one game for 22 consecutive seasons, since 1997. It is the second-longest such streak in the SEC.
- LSU has a longer streak, since 1993, but has not scored 38 in a game so far this season.
- UK took the opening kickoff of the game and drove 91 yards for a touchdown. It was the second game in a row that the Wildcats had a 91-yard TD drive on their first possession of the game.
- UK scored on eight of its nine offensive possessions during the game.
- With 245 rushing yards today, UK has 847 for the season. That’s the most for the Wildcats through three games since 1987 (892 that year).
- UK has had at least 427 yards total offense in the first three games, first time that has been accomplished since the first three games of the 2010 season.
- UK has allowed 917 total yards this season, fewest in the first three games since 2010 (773 that year).
- UK has allowed zero points in the third quarter this season, first time to do that in the first three games since 1991.
- UK completed 77.4 percent of its passes today, 24 of 31, the best completion percentage in a game (min. 30 attempts) since 1999 at Indiana.
- Six offensive players scored touchdowns today, first time that has happened since the Kent State game in 2012.
- UK converted 6 of 12 third-downs today, 50 percent. UK has been at least 50 percent on third-down conversions in all three games this season, first time since doing it vs. Arkansas, South Carolina and LSU in 1998.
- UK’s game captains were TE C.J. Conrad, RB Benny Snell, OT George Asafo-Adjei and LB Kash Daniel.
- Sophomore quarterback Terry Wilson completed 19 of 25 for 163 yards, career highs in all three categories.
- Wilson rushed 13 times for 80 yards and game’s first score a 42-yard run in the first quarter.
- He became the first UK quarterback to win his first three starts since Mike Hartline in 2008.
- Junior running back Benny Snell Jr. rushed 15 times for 75 yards and one touchdown.
- Has 2,799 career yards, remaining in fifth place on the UK career rushing list.
- Now has 35 touchdowns, two shy of Randall Cobb’s UK career record.
- Was credited with a 43-yard touchdown pass when he flipped a short forward pass to Terry Wilson, who lateraled to Zy’Aire Hughes, who then ran the rest of the way for the TD.
- Sophomore quarterback Gunnar Hoak completed 4 of 5 passes for 77 yards and a touchdown, the second TD pass of his career.
- Senior wide receiver Dorian Baker caught four passes for 25 yards. He now has 1,061 career receiving yards, advancing past Derek Homer (1,052) for 26th place on the UK career receiving yardage list.
- Sophomore wide receiver Lynn Bowden Jr. set career highs with eight receptions for 89 yards.
- Sophomore wide receiver Zy’Aire Hughes scored touchdown on a pass play after receiving a lateral. It was the first time he had touched the ball in college.
- The play went for 43 yards; Hughes was credited with 49 receiving yards after receiving the lateral behind the line of scrimmage.
- Freshman wide receiver Allen Dailey made his first collegiate catches, two receptions for 38 yards and a touchdown.
- Redshirt freshman quarterback Danny Clark saw his first action and capped a drive with a two-yard touchdown run.
- Freshman running back Chris Rodriguez saw his first action and bulldozed two carries for 43 yards.
- Senior kicker Miles Butler had his first field goal attempts of the season and converted from 40 and 38 yards. He has made all 14 extra points this season.
- Senior safety Mike Edwards led the Wildcats with five tackles, including a five-yard tackle for loss, and added a quarterback hurry.
- Freshman linebacker Jamin Davis made four tackles and claimed his first career interception and added a pass breakup.
- Freshman noseguard Marquan McCall made three tackles, including his first career quarterback sack, and caused a fumble.
- Senior linebacker Jordan Jones had two tackles and a career-high four pass breakups.
- Senior noseguard Tymere Dubose made his first collegiate start.