KENTUCKY POSTGAME NOTES
Kentucky at Mississippi State
Davis Wade Stadium, Starkville, Miss.
Sept. 21, 2019
FINAL SCORE: Mississippi State 28, Kentucky 13
Team Records and Series Information
- Kentucky is 2-2, 0-2 in the Southeastern Conference. Mississippi State is 3-1, 1-0 in the league.
- Mississippi State leads the series, 24-23.
- Next for Kentucky: the Wildcats have their only back-to-back road games of the season as UK visits South Carolina on Saturday at 7:30 p.m. It will be televised on the SEC Network.
- UK’s game capts: OG Logan Stenberg, DL Calvin Taylor, LB Josh Paschal and athlete Lynn Bowden Jr.
- Junior athlete Lynn Bowden Jr. caught seven passes for 129 yards, his first 100-yard game of the season and second of his career.
- Now has 1,285 career receiving yards, moving past seven players for 18th place on the UK career receiving yardage list.
- Now has 111 career receptions, moving into 15th place on the UK career list.
- He is the first UK player with at least six receptions in each of the first four games since James Whalen in 1999.
- Has caught a pass in 18 consecutive games.
- Also rushed three times for 37 yards and had 210 all-purpose yards on the day.
- Junior WR Josh Ali caught five passes for 61 yards, both career highs.
- Redshirt freshman RB Kavosiey Smoke rushed for 25 yards, including a two-yard touchdown run in the third quarter.
- Junior RB Asim “AJ” Rose rushed nine times for 105 yards, averaging 11.7 yards per carry.
- It is his first 100-yard game of the season and third of his career.
- Junior CB Brandin Echols got a sack/caused fumble in the third quarter, his first for both plays at Kentucky. He had a career-high 10 tackles.
- Redshirt freshman CB Jamari Brown recovered the fumble, his first as a Wildcat.
- Sophomore S Yusuf Corker had the first two pass breakups of his career and tied his career high for tackles with seven.
- Sophomore LB DeAndre Square had nine tackles, including 1.5 tackles for loss and a sack.
- Junior DE Kordell Looney and junior S Quandre Mosely made their first collegiate starts.
- Mosely made his first UK interception in the second quarter, with a 39-yard return.