KENTUCKY POSTGAME NOTES
Kentucky at South Carolina
Williams-Brice Stadium, Columbia, S.C.
Sept. 28, 2019
FINAL SCORE: South Carolina 24, Kentucky 7
Team Records and Series Information
- Kentucky is 2-3, 0-3 in the Southeastern Conference. South Carolina is 2-3, 1-2 in the league.
- South Carolina leads the series, 18-12-1, ending UK’s five-game winning streak in the series.
- Next for Kentucky: the Wildcats have an open date next Saturday before returning to action Oct. 12 at home vs. Arkansas.
- UK’s game captains: OG Logan Stenberg, LB Kash Daniel, LB Josh Paschal and athlete Lynn Bowden Jr.
- Junior athlete Lynn Bowden Jr. caught three passes for 18 yards.
- Now has 114 career receptions, moving past Ryan Timmons and Quentin McCord for 13th place on the UK career list.
- Has caught a pass in 19 consecutive games.
- Bowden also rushed six times for 44 yards, including a 26-yard run that set up UK’s TD.
- Bowden completed 2-of-2 passes for seven yards.
- Redshirt freshman RB Chris Rodriguez led the team in rushing with six carries for 65 yards and a touchdown. He had a career-long 44-yard run that sparked the drive for his own 2-yard touchdown run.
- Junior LB Boogie Watson had a great night rushing the passer with a career-high two quarterback sacks, along with a pair of quarterback hurries. He finished with four total tackles.
- Sophomore FS Yusuf Corker had a career-high nine tackles.
- Senior DL Calvin Taylor had a career-high seven tackles, including a quarterback sack. He also caused a fumble.
- Redshirt freshman TE Keaton Upshaw made his first collegiate start.