LEXINGTON, Ky. – Kentucky junior punter Max Duffy has been named the Ray Guy Award’s Punter of the Week for week five games, the Augusta Sports Council and the Ray Guy Award announced Monday.
Duffy was sensational against South Carolina, breaking two school records in a career performance:
- Broke his own single-game school record (min. 8 punts), averaging 51.1 yards on nine kicks
o In the process, became UK’s career punting leader with a 46.6-yard career average
- For the game, had four punts inside the 20 with no touchbacks and his net average was 51.3 yards per punt
- Created a turnover as he had one punt that hit a South Carolina player and was recovered by the Wildcats
- All five punts that originated from at least the UK 27-yard line ended up inside the Gamecock 20
- For the season, he leads the nation with a 51.2-yard average
- As a team, UK leads the nation in net punting with a 49.3-yard average
Kentucky is 2-3 and headed into a much-needed bye week. The Wildcats’ next matchup is against West Division foe Arkansas Razorbacks on Saturday, Oct. 12 at Kroger Field. The game has been dubbed “A Hell of a Game” as UK will celebrate the life of Wildcat great and fan favorite, Jared Lorenzen, who passed away in July. The game will air at 7:30 p.m. ET on the SEC Network.
UK has a series of ways planned to remember the man who wore No. 22.
Fans can use the offer code “TWENTYTWO” exclusively online at Ticketmaster.com to receive $22 off tickets to the Arkansas game in select areas of Kroger Field. This offer is exclusively available online, while supplies last.
In addition to the ticket discount, commemorative rally towels will be distributed at the gates for ticketed fans upon entry. The Lorenzen family and his teammates are invited to attend and take part in remembering Jared.